Senior Interaction Designer
Bank of America - San Francisco, CA | Oct. 2017 - Present
- Build interactions for AI chatbot, Erica, considering user flows, wireframes, user research and UX best practices including error handling, disambiguation, and multiple scenarios.
- Collaborate with other interaction designers, editorial designers, product partners, technology, and legal on lo-fidelity and hi-fidelity designs.
- Envision future state Erica with best practices in complex conversational design including multi-threaded conversations, co-referencing, and switching user intents.
Individual Projects - San Francisco, CA | Feb. 2015 - Present
- Catalia Health: Designed conversational user interfaces for wellness companion robot managing multiple medications.
- KidAR: Designed mobile app for kid-tracking utilizing augmented reality as part of UCI design class.
- Keaton Row: Conducted 5+ user interviews in 3 weeks and created wireframes for fashion start-up when designing a native mobile app to facilitate stylist-client communication.
Kelley Blue Book - Irvine, CA | Sept. 2016 - Aug. 2017
- Create standard and custom ad solutions for automotive partners including Fiat, Hyundai, and Toyota with 1 to 2-week turn-around time from concept to hi-fidelity mockup.
- Communicate mock-ups with product managers, engineers, and clients.
- Engage in brainstorming and user testing sessions following agile methods.
SmartZip - Pleasanton, CA | Apr. 2015 - Jun. 2016
- Redesigned SmartTargeting platform with modern, intuitive look and feel. This product helps real estate agents establish relationships with potential home sellers through targeted marketing.
- Delivered responsive user interfaces with 200+ screens.
- Facilitated guerrilla user testing with sales during the design process.
Pain and Rehabilitative Consultants Medical Group - Emeryville, CA | Jul. 2013 - Nov. 2014
- Oversaw provider clinic flow with 75+ patients daily escorting patients, taking vital signs, and assisting clinical procedures.
- Triaged 10+ patient issues a day ranging from medication reaction, suicidal ideation, and same-day refills for narcotics.
- Dispensed medications to patients from pharmacy by reviewing doctor’s orders, printing labels, and giving medication.
Senior Computer Consultant
UC Berkeley Workstation and Microcomputing Facilities - Berkeley, CA | Aug. 2011 - Dec. 2012
- Designed and co-lectured 1.5 hours mid-level workshops in Adobe Illustrator for 15+ students each session.
- Acted as shift leader in 70+ consultants team working to serve 25,000+ students and faculty in technical troubleshooting, program installation, and equipment maintenance.
- Created positive client-consultant relationships as individually greeted each client and thoughtfully handled distressed clients by listening and immediately responding. Voted “Best Customer Service” three consecutive semesters by fellow consultants.
- Interviewed potential candidates for Senior Computer Consultant promotion through evaluation of their technical, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
Research Assistant - Child Interviewer
UC Berkeley Culture and Family Laboratory - Berkeley, CA | Aug. 2010 - May 2011
- Interviewed first and second generation immigrant children about family dynamics, culture and language.
- Performed 3-hour behavioral assessments with puzzle tasks and videos assessing empathy.
- Coded children’s behavior into database for analysis.
Masters in Human Computer Interaction and Design
University of California, Irvine
User Experience Design Immersive
General Assembly, San Francisco
B.A. Integrative Biology
University of California, Berkeley
A/B Testing, Competitive Analysis, Contextual Inquiries, Ethnographic Research, Heuristic Evaluation, Personas & Scenarios Sketching, Surveys, Usability Testing, User Interviews
Adobe Illustrator, Adobe XD, Adobe Photoshop, Axure, Invision, Paper & Pen, Sketch, Wireframing